Make Your Own Paper Story Idea Generator!
6th November 2015 By Marty
Today’s paper craft activity is based on the classic paper fortune teller – but with a very educational twist! You may have used a paper fortune teller in the past to tell the fortunes of your friends or even as a way of tricking them into doing stupid things! The purpose of my fortune teller is not to tell fortunes but to help you write stories. This ‘paper story idea generator’ is the flawless implement to use if you are ever stuck on ideas or inspiration for your stories!
Also this is the ideal time to apologise for the dark pictures in today’s post – It was pathetic, rainy day outside when I made my paper story idea generator . Now let’s begin with the tutorial:
- A4 chunk of paper
- Pencil/Pen/writing material
1. Very first get a chunk of A4 paper and fold a triangle into it – Cut the remaining rectangle off using scissors, so it becomes a square.
Two. Next, fold the square as shown in pic – So there are two folded diagonal lines on the paper.
Trio. Then commence folding smaller triangles inwards to create a smaller square, as shown:
Four. Then turn the paper over and fold some further smaller triangles inwards – to create an even smaller square:
Five. One final time turn the page over again and make further triangles – making an even smaller square.
6. Open up the bottom of the paper fortune teller by pushing out the flaps as shown in the photo. This is where you will put your fingers.
7. Now your story idea generator (a.k.a paper fortune teller) is almost done! The final steps is to add the content or the text.
8. On the side that you put your arm in write the setting of your story. In my example the settings include, desert, forest, city and seaside.
9. On the opposite side write down different types of characters, such as Zombie, Witch, little boy, wizard etc.
Ten. On this same side open up to the triangles and write down a duo of plain storyline plots (see photo). For example “who can’t dance” or “who is afraid of public speaking” etc. Now you’re ready to play the game.
How to play the story idea generator game:
1. Very first you choose the setting for your story and count the letters in that location name. For example if I choose “city”, that means I count Four times because there are Four letters in the word ‘city’.
Two. I then get the choice of Four characters, which based on my previous example are “little girl”, “zombie”, “little boy” and “witch” (these may be different for you). These four characters should feature in my story.
Trio. Next, I select the main character of my story. From my example I chose “zombie”. Now unravel the folds to expose the main plot of my story, which in this case is a ‘zombie who can’t dance’.
Four. Eventually I can begin writing my story based on the idea of a zombie who can’t dance and features a little dame, little boy and witch.
Hope this contraption is as joy and as useful for you, as it was for me! What crazy stories were you able to generate using the paper story idea generator? Tell me what you think in the comments below… Blessed story-telling and see you next time!
Effortless Pop-Up Book Tutorial (with photos) How to make an Effortless Paper Craft Tree Writing Activities to Make Writing Joy! Effortless Paper Craft Wizard Tutorial Ten Things You Can Make From Empty Cereal Boxes
Submit a Guest Post
Here at the Imagine Forest blog we are always blessed to accept relevant guest post contributions from other bloggers or parents.
Examples of posts can include paper crafts, kids activities, children’s book reviews – Just check out our current entries and see if your post fits!
How to submit? Email your posts and photos to: info(at)imagineforest.com and we will reply within Five working days to notify you of whether your post was successful.
The Imagine Forest blog provides tips on making story writing joy and bringing your stories to life! You can check regularly to see posts on joy kids activities, writing tips, book reviews and so much more!
About Imagine Forest
Inspiration, activities and resources to improve your creative writing abilities! Imagine Forest makes writing stories effortless and joy. Never again will you be lost for inspiration or story ideas. Improve your creative writing abilities and imagination through exploring our website. Our motto is inspire, learn and write, the Imagine Forest way!
Copyright 2017 Imagine Forest, All Rights Reserved.